See Related Posts at the end to click through to the other built-in action sets.
To open a non-Default set of built-in actions:
- Window > Actions
- Click on the menu icon at the top-right corner of the Actions panel.
- Look near the bottom of the menu where there is a list of seven sets (such as “Image Effects”).
- Select a set. It will added below the Default Actions set.
- Click the gray triangle to the left of the action set you just added, to open the list.
- Select an action, and click the Play selection button at the bottom of the Actions panel.
You can find more ready-made actions at the Photoshop Exchange.
Each of these actions fills the document with a texture on a new layer. Experiment with blend modes on this new layer to show the layers underneath. Your results will vary with image size.
This action will prompt you with, “In the Texturizer dialog, load ‘Canvas’. Scaling =71, Relief =1, Light Direction =Top left.”
Wood – Pine
Wood – Oak
This action will prompt you with, “In the Texturizer dialog, load ‘Canvas’. Scaling=200, Relief=19, Light Direction=Left.”
Wood – Rosewood 1
This action will prompt you with, “In the Texturizer dialog, load ‘Canvas’. Scaling =130, Relief =11, Light Direction =Top.”
Wood – Rosewood 2
This action will prompt you with, “Hit OK in the shear dialog box.”
This action will double the size of your image, adding the extra width to the right of your existing image.
Neon Rubber Bands
Pastel Glass Tiles